Technical Requirements Analyst at company in Rockville, MD
Temp to Perm position – company is only interested in interviewing candidates who WANT to be a FT Perm employee.
They will only consider candiates who can work at the company without any Visa sponsorship.
Person must have worked in an agile environment, like and understand the value of that way of developing business requirements. Strong SQL scripting skills. Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
The primary responsibility of this hands-on role is developing and documenting system requirements. The candidate needs to be able to quickly understand business processes and how technology solutions can be used to solve business problems. The goal is to identify, define, document, communicate, prioritize and track requirements for multiple development teams. The person will interact with business users and technology teams across the organization and assist in the requirements practice. This is a position that is fast paced, demanding, and team focused.
Key Requirements: All the requirements will be written for the back end (NO UI work). Person MUST understand systems work and communicate with each other. Person will be mapping messages (JMS, ActiveMQ) to show how a dozen systems communicate with each other. They currently use MapForce tool to map XSLT transformations.
Business Analyst must understand XML as a data transfer/exchange protocol, as their systems use it to transfer trade details. You will need to document your transformation rule and then map the XSLT transformations. You must be very adept at BPM (Business Process Mapping) and understand Enterprise Service Bus / Oracle Service Bus. This work is very data centric so you MUST be able to write SQL queries to extract and manipulate data.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with product owner and business users to collect and prioritize requirements.
- Understand business needs, map to technology features and work with the development teams in translating the needs into specifications for technology deliverables.
- Refine and document requirements to a level that a feature can be estimated, coded, and tested.
- Maintain all requirements related artifacts.
- Effectively communicate with the development teams and the users in ensuring that requirements are clearly understood by both parties.
- Build relationships with users and technology teams across the organization.
- Provide support to the product owner, project manager, QA lead in understanding and interpreting requirements.
- Assist the QA team in development of test strategies, UAT scripts etc. by clarifying requirements, providing documentation as needed, getting queries answered by business users.
- Develop thorough knowledge of the functionality of systems being supported.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree
- At least four (4) years of directly related business analyst/system analyst experience required.
- Experience using JIRA and confluence is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SCRUM/Agile, and technology systems are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Business applications is required (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience working independently on technology projects, well organized, detail oriented and able to handle competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required – in particular, clear communication over a phone is a must.
- Can write SQL queries to perform data analysis